meme meme meme

Seems like memes are the latest fads of blog world. Somehow I was scavenging through some old blogs--like a hungry vulture--when I stumbled upon this this post of Effing's, which I did not ever reply to.

Meme on the book I am reading:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pgs.)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people

A Child Called “IT”

“I smiled from ear to ear, as I jumped into her arms and held her tightly. As she ran her hand through my hair, I began to cry. Mother cried, too, and I began to feel that my bad times were finished.”

Author Meme

1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?
Oh, this is a hard one. It might be a tie between Jane Austen and John Steinbeck. Every book I have read by either I have loved and could reread and reread and feel like each time I would still be able to find something new to be analyzed.
2. Who was your first favorite author, and why?
Was like when? When I first learned how to read it was Stan and Jan Berenstain for sure. I still love reading those books. Simple books. Then when I was a strong young reader I think my favorite(s) was Beverly Cleary and Laura Ingalls Wilder. I am fairly sure I read everything of theirs.
3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
J.K. Rowling and C.S. Lewis. I know, I know. I jumped on the Hogwarts Express late in the game, reading 1-6 in 5 days and then having to impatiently wait for HP and the Deathly Hallows for over a year. I read the Chronicles of Narnia out East, aloud with TSO, Amos and B1. Good times. Now I am getting into Lewis’ adult theology and loving it.
4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?
Jane Austen, John Steinbeck, J.K. Rowling, C.S. Lewis, Ernest Hemingway, Walt Whitman, Louisa May Alcott, Anne Lamott…or I could say, “read this!!”

Tagged to do one or both: Mummy, CatholicLand, Adamolibris weblog, Save me from the Cold, Starpilgrim, From the Bibliofiles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?