do you want the truth or my practiced answer? On Interview questions

On my way out the door to an interview.

It is for a part-time Children's position at a library @ 25 mins from my house.

I hope they don't ask me why I want to work at their library--I always get that question--I might have to respond, "Well, I am really looking for a full time position that has benefits and where I might work at something that I am actually interested in, but I really need to pay the bills so I applied here." EVIL.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Tony Kris said…
That reminds me a lot of my interview for my own library job.

My mental reponse to that dread question:
"This looks like I'm somewhat using my degree while I apply to grad school. Don't expect me to be around for long"

I also had to dodge questions from the powers that be about going full-time while I was waiting for application responses. That wasn't much fun either.

Good Luck though
JennPav said…
Ahhhh, I know your frustration well.
Thanks Tony Kris.

Jenny-ARGH! I hate this process.
tizzy said…
You can do it! The whole finding a job thing is a sucky process. I say, apply for a job you don't necessarily want, get the interview, answer the questions how you actually feel and see if you get the job. If it works, then try it at a job you want :-p Ohh... interviewing. Good Luck! I hope to see on here real soon that you've found your most perfect job and are happily settling in.

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH