Where the wild things will be

Fall semester 2007 I am taking my final three classes of my Masters' Program!

LIS 6510 - Current Literature, PreSchool -3rd Grade
LIS 6530 - Young Adult Literature
LIS 7996 - Research in Libreary & Information Science

My 6530 class is online, my first online class ever, so it may prove more of a challenge. Then again, it may be sinfully easy...who knows?

My first 6510 assignment is to bring in my favorite picture book from childhood and be prepared to talk about why it was my favorite. Sounds easy, right...but, oh, such an agonizing decision for me...like Sophie's choice.

I previously wrote about this dilemma at the start of the summer, but since the class was cancelled I didn't have to think about my decision all summer. I gave it much thought again yesterday and decided to go with Where the Wild Things Are, by author and illustrator, Maurice Sendak.
If you read my original posting on the topic you can see what other books this was up against, and why it is one of my favorites! It has one of my favorite first lines in a book,

"The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind and another his mother called him "WILD THING!" and Max said "I'LL EAT YOU UP!" so he was sent to bed without eating anything." ~Maurice Sendak

Also, staring down the loaded barrel which is my WHOLE last semester ahead of me made me wonder how many days I have left. I should be done in 110 days or less, but really, who's counting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH