Real Conversations at the Library-Part 1

“I need this reference book,” indicating a call number on a piece of paper.
“The book that you are looking for is located on the first floor in XYZ room.” (Directions to this room were given.)

*Ten minutes later*

“I can’t find this reference book and the man at circulation said that you might have it up here.”
“I can almost guarantee that it is not up here but I will check and then if I can’t find it up here I will see about letting you into the Reference room downstairs.”

The book is not upstairs so I walk down to the room that I sent her to before and it is unlocked and the lights are on.

“Is this the room that you came to?” (Indicating the room that I had directed her to before.)

“Yes, but the man told me it was locked.”

I guess you would get that impression when the lights are on and the door is wide open

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH