Super Librarian tells all

Today has been one of those astounding days. I have successfully answered all questions 27 questions made over the phone and in person, and even answered or correctly refered the handful of virtual reference and chat questions that have come in today. And those that I have helped have been wonderfully graceful in their praises.
I traveled to the other side of the library this morning and helped a Grad student find a journal that she and two others could not find, and received a "Thanks so much. You have no idea how much this means to me." I walked an Undergrad up to the fourth floor and found a textbook that was thought to be AWOL, and for this I received an "Awesome, now I know where to find it. Thanks." Then I rescued a baby that was crawling across the road in the middle of a crowded street...alright, I made that last one up. But I really did the other things.
Yes, today is one of those "Superstar," (said like Mary Katherine Gallagher, sans the armpit finger smelling gross thing) kind of days.
It is wonderful outside, 50 degrees and sunny. I ate lunch in the sun, under a tree, reading my homework, like a good student...or so you might think. No, actually the 15 page article that I was reading over lunch today is the very same one that I am supposed to read, review in a 3 page paper, and present to my class ....tomorrow.

Yes, that same Super hero librarian who helped so many, has herself been avoiding her homework like the bubonic plague. I do not ask for sympathy because I did this to myself. I instead ask people to pray to St. Jude. It is going to be a long night...especially since I am going to see Bright Eyes and Gillian Welch in concert tonight before I even begin working on this huge project...I know...can this story get any worse? I am ashamed of myself. Well, I won't be so ashamed when I am oggling Connor Oberst (Bright Eyes) later....sigh...maybe I should rename my page to the "Misadventures of the Shameless Librarian."



I had to post these lyrics from Lua, my favorite Bright Eyes song!

"When everything is lonely I can be my own best friend I'll get a coffee and the paper, have my own conversations with the sidewalk and the pigeons and my window reflection The mask I polish in the evening by the morning looks like shit And I know you have a heavy heart, I can feel it when we kiss So many men stronger than me have thrown their backs out trying to lift it But me I'm not a gamble, you can count on me to split The love I sell you in the evening by the morning won't exist..."

Lyrics and Images of Connor and Gillian found at: http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/bright_eyes/artist.jhtml

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&tab=wi&hl=en&q=Gillian+Welch

Comments

TSOldtimer said…
Oh, dear, what are we going to do about you? Have fun at the concert! I see them in two weeks! AAAAH! And kudos for being able to do your job! It feels nice to hear about people who know how to do what they get paid for...
Thanks Friend!
The concert is one of the best I have ever been too...though I think I said that about the last four I saw. :) Can't wait to blog about it later.
Note to the viewers: I did finish my project today...now just have to present. Think happy thoughts for me!

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH