Memorial Day

Memorial Day was a lovely day. The library was closed so I found myself with a whole day to be dedicated to homework, which in reality means a day that was wasted on having coffee with a friend; doing just enough homework to not feel too guilty; and then going home, at which point my brother A3 and friend Chris stopped by. The three of us along with my roomie M played two games of Euchre while we sat outside on the deck and enjoyed the perfect weather. It felt nice to sip cold beers and play cards and laugh. For a little while I forgot the homework and all the reading that was waiting in my backpack for me. Sometimes I feel like school is so engrossing that I forget to just relax sometimes. Yes, it was a lovely day, and I am always thankful for the days that end lazily and in the company of friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?