growing out doors

"I am enamour'd of growing out-doors,
Of men that live among cattle or taste of the ocean or woods,
Of the builders and steerers of ships and the wielders of axes and
mauls, and the drivers of horses,
I can eat and sleep with them week in and week out. "
~ Song of Myself, Walt Whitman

Can I use the same quote two blogs in a row? I just did. I love it so much...and it reminded me to put up pictures of my seeds which I started and which soon will help me do what I love, as Whitman put it, "growing out-doors." In true Farm fashion...I used old empty flats and a strawberry plastic container to plant some of my seeds: Shasta Daisies, Red Peppers, Parsley and Delphiniums. I will also be planting Columbines, Cosmos, Detroit Beets and Green Onions, but those things can wait until ground planting time. TSO and I will be sharing a garden plot. I AM SO EXCITED!!

WEEK 1:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?