For all you singles, bitter, broken-hearted, or just ALONE on National Singles Awareness Day, I give you these, my choices of jams for the day:
- Heartless, Kanye West This song is priceless. Best line? "How could you be so Dr. Evil?"
- Bad Romance, Lady Gaga Lady G has the market on hurt with this, the first of my three choices. The title says it all.
- Speechless, Lady Gaga Thank you Gaga, thank you.
- Paparazzi, Lady Gaga Making stalking cool enough to dance to.
- Single Ladies (Put a ring on it), Beyonce This song calls to be turned up really loud. I only dance to this in my black unitard with my closest friends.
- Don't stand so close to me, Sting Nothing like making it really weird on this day of all days--ever listen to these lyrics? This song is about all kinds of bad, bad love!
- Hot n' cold, Katy Perry This song is just an anthem. Nuf' said.
- Lessons learned, Ray Lamontagne Betrayal.
- Jolene, Ray Lamontagne, Ray, how do you make even being, "face down in a ditch, with booze in my hair and blood on my lips sound sexy?"
- Wild World, Cat Stevens, For those who can wish their leaving lover well.
- Can't get next to you, The Temptations. This song rocks.
- Sound of Settling, Death Cab for Cutie. "And I'll sit and wonder of every love that could have been, if I'd only thought of something charming to say."
- 1901, Phoenix
- Little Lion Man, Mumford & Sons, "It's not your fault but mine. It was not your fault, but mine. I really fucked it up this time, didn't I my dear?" Great apology.
- I and love and you, The Avett Brothers, "Three words that became hard to say: I and love and you." Marvelous.
- Thriller, Michael Jackson, For all the times I've been on a date and he turned into a zombie.