leaving footprints


“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”



Both quotes are attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt and I had to laugh when reading these because both came up while I was searching Eleanor Roosevelt quotes on the subject of friendship. Why am I thinking about friendship, you ask? Because it was around this time last year that TSO, RugbyGirl and I embarked on a new adventure. The three of us moved into our house, the glorious and lovely Avalon. And on this year anniversary I was thinking about how living together has taught all of us things about each other and maybe even about ourselves. We've had some fun, hit some rough patches and yet we are still making it work. I just hope that unlike the E. Roosevelt quote, none of us walks away thinking, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. " :)

More fun quotes on friendship:

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
What! You too? I thought I was the only one." 
C.S. Lewis

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A wise man remembers his friends at all times;
a fool, only when he has need of them." 
Turkish Proverb
“True friends stab you in the front."
Oscar Wilde

Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.
Tennessee Williams

“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked”
Bernard Meltzer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love