Jobs for Main Street Act and libraries

I have become lax when it comes to posting on all things library, since I am more a Farmer than a Librarian these days.

Was just doing some reading on the Jobs for Main Street Act, which passed yesterday. (There is a comprehensive enough article about that here, from The Michigan News) and was interested in what our library advocates in Washington had been doing around this. Searching the American Libraries Direct online mag, I found these two links which I found interesting.

1. Background for Jobs for Main Street Act

2. Libraries Getting America Back to Work: a legislative proposal to save libraries and help job seekers

Reading these documents made me grateful that there are members of the American Library Association whose job it is to make our voices heard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love