"Bachelorette #3, what would your perfect day look like?"
- Day off from work.
- Good breakfast.
- Morning meeting ends and two of the guys rocked out on guitar and fiddle. A real "I love community," moment.
- Broomball game (think hockey sans skates, just shoes. Also sticks AND brooms; a soccer ball in lieu of a puck.) My team wentings.
- Being able to admire our Christmas tree in a quiet house. Get things done on my computer.
- Go down and see the new calf. Chat with the Farmers.
- Good lunch. Coffee from the General Store with JennaBean after I win a bet.
- Home. Relax while others have to work. Be thankful to be inside today.
- Short Community Meeting followed by another game of Broomball. My team wins again.
- After Broomball game Farmer MacDonald and I clear snow off the pond while Minnesota tries to relearn how to skate.
- Farmer MacDonald takes me down to Farm and teaches me how to move HUGE round bales, which, by the way, weigh hundreds of pounds. Have fun climbing to the top of the enormous stack of bales, scrambling up like a little kid on a jungle gym! Work together to heave-ho the bale down and into the bed of the truck. Farmer MacDonald then shows me how to unwrap the netting from the hay bale and put the metal circular feeder over the bale.
- A great dinner. Good conversations after dinner. Sit around and chatting with friends for an hour.
- Go home. Drink tea and chat with RugbyGirl.
Now tomorrow morning back to the grind. Finishing touches for the big Christmas Eve dinner at the Farm. Going to be 100 people by candlelight. Looking forward to the food and so many friends joining us.
Merry Christmas All!