"Vote early and vote often"

I know everyone is so tired of hearing about election stuff.
I am too. So instead of my pro-Obabma rants that I have been doing--beg forgiveness if you are easily offended, I am a political creature--I will instead share some great quotes about elections and politics in general, which I stumbled across this week. I promise after today (and tomorrow--I have to post the Election stuff that I did at the library for the kids!) you won't hear about presidential elections for at least three years!

I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
~ George Jean Nathan

Power always thinks it has a great soul, and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.
~ John Adams (Past 8 years, anyone!!?)

Vote for the man who promises least. He'll be the least disappointing.
~ Bernard Baruch


Those who stay away from the election think that one vote will do no good: 'Tis but one step more to think one vote will do no harm.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.
~ John F. Kennedy


Vote early and vote often.
~ Al Capone


All voting is a sort of gaming, like checkers or backgammon, with a slight moral tinge to it, a playing with right and wrong.
~ Henry David Thoreau


The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
~ Abraham Lincoln


I heard Dennis Kucinich say in a debate, 'When I'm president... and I just wanted to stop him and say, 'Dude.'
~ Jon Stewart


To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but it is morally treasonable to the American public.
~ President Theodore Roosevelt

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
~ Thomas Jefferson

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
~ Edward Abbey

If we don’t succeed, we run the risk of failure.
~ Dan Quayle (WOW! No other comment is necessary here.)

Comments

Mummy Dearest said…
great quotes!!

what a night, eh???
I know. I am so glad we were able to witness such amazing history!

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love