Donating for a good cause!

There is a joke in the mental health world that goes, "One in four people suffers from mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If none of them seems to suffer from mental illness....you're the nut in the group." But mental health isn't a laughing matter!

I worked with mentally ill adults out East on "the Farm" which I loving write about/refer to often. My best friend Mummy Dearest and some other friends are going to be running a Marathon out on Cape Cod in October. A MARATHON! The thought turns my stomach. I don't think I could ever do it. THEY CAN! And while they are doing it, they are raising AWARENESS and FUNDS to go to the farm, which does so many great things for people who suffer from mental illness.

I know these are hard times, but PLEASE let's all help out a great cause. There is a link on their site Running 4 Gould Farm which allows you to donate online, or there is info on how to donate offline! Or, if you can't donate...please keep these AWESOME people in your thoughts and prayers the next couple of months! THANKS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love