St. Patty's Day, 3 engagements and an anniversary

Tonight is our St. Patty's Day party and I am so glad that I get out of doing that. I love the kiddies but I love green beer too, and so look forward to that holiday classic later after work.

Friend Stac called last week to tell me that her and boyfriend Jay got engaged over last weekend. (No plans for the date--some time next year). I was very happy for her, etc. Then this weekend upon seeing my friend A.E., I learned that she and her boyfriend George had also just gotten engaged. (This wedding is scheduled for December!) Both girls are part of a group of college friends that we all call the 7 North Ladies since we met while all living on the 7th floor of the same dorm. I was a junior and the other 4 girls were freshman. Justine, another of the 7 North girls is getting married in July--so for those of you keeping track that is 3 engaged, two not. Of the not's, myself and Beck, Beck is in year 2 of a relationship...You do the math--I am going to be the last one to tie the proverbial knot, if I ever choose to do so.

As if I wasn't feeling old enough already and hearing the tick tock of my ovary clocks, I received an email this morning from my friend CatholicLand announcing his engagement to his girlfriend. HOLY CATS! This is what I get for saying to myself the other day, "hmm, man, I haven't been to a wedding in so long."

It is in all this feeling old-edness that I forgot that I celebrated my one year anniversary for my Blog. My first entries were posted 3/16/2007, my first ever being "The Frankie Avalon Question." And, so, for those handful of faithful readers--THANKS!

So, celebrating a holiday that allows for drunkeness and people "dressed" like Leprachauns, and with all these engagements on my mind, I thought I would find a funny quote from one of my favs: "Four Weddings and a Funeral," which includes a Scotsman (close to Irishman...?) and weddings.

Mrs. Beaumont: Are you married?
Fiona: No.
Mrs. Beaumont: Are you a lesbian?
Fiona: Good lord! What makes you ask that?
Mrs. Beaumont: Well, it is one of the possibilites for unmarried girls nowadays, and it's rather more interesting than saying, "Oh dear, never met the right chap," eh?
Fiona: Quite right. Why be dull?
Mrs. Beaumont: Thank you. [pause]
Fiona: The truth is... well, the truth is, I have met the right person, and he's not in love with me, and until I stop loving him, no one else really has a chance.
Mrs. Beaumont: Oh, what a shame.
Fiona: Yes, isn't it? [another pause] I was a lesbian once at school, but only for about fifteen minutes.
~Four Weddings and a Funeral

Comments

Miss Cellaneous said…
Guess what? Diane Rheams was in Toronto and she's says 'hiiiiiii' :) Miss you!
Oh Miss Cellaneous!! Ha ha ha...you made me crack up--at the library, and I am sitting at my desk alone. They will all definitely think me crazy, if they already don't. :)
TV Digital said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Mummy Dearest said…
Dude -- weird comment above, eh? =)

Um... anyways. You're hot, and like I've said before: I'd tap that if I was gay or a dude.

You're the coolest and you're in an advantageous position: you get to watch the rest of us mess our relationships up and learn what NOT to do!

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love