how the Chinese Zodiac saved my life

I always felt strange that sometimes I feel a call to climb on the table and screech like a monkey, but it all makes sense now since I did some research into my Chinese zodiac, only to discover that I am infact a monkey. There is finally a reason for my monkey tendencies.

TSOldtimer sent me this link, and as I--like everyone else I know--am always trying to get to know more about myself I thought I would check it out. Funny how getting to know oneself can be done by hours of silent meditation, mental yoga excercises, or by reflecting on my past tendencies...or just as easily by looking at and consulting the zodiac, which revealed some interesting things to me.


Birth Years*:
1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016


Characteristics:
  • Intelligent
  • Clever
  • Good memory
  • Popular
  • Judgemental

Compatible With:
Dragons, Rats (TSO...this is why we get along)


Avoid:
Tigers


Good Career Choices:
Anything! The monkey will almost always be successful.


Famous Monkeys:
Julius Caesar, Bette Davis, Annie Oakley, Eleanor Roosevelt, Betsy Ross, Diana Ross, Elizabeth Taylor, Harry S. Truman, Leonardo da Vinci, Alice Walker


I was a little bummed that my career choices couldn't be more spelled out for me. I guess this just means that I can apply for both clown college and for mortuary school and do well in both...though I should not confuse my routines for one with the other. YUCKO!

Comments

TSOldtimer said…
Dude, ya gotta read closer: I'm a rooster.
Amy said…
hahaha and hey, you have to clarify something, since I'm a Tiger, and we're friends... right?? Aren't we?? ...oh God.... *sniffle*
SWP said…
I'm a monkey too!

And, yes, it's unfortunate that this in no way narrows my career options.

p.s. Come eat chocolate cake if you haven't given it up for Lent. I made a huge pile of decadence and it didn't get consumed.
Tony Kris said…
I'm a Rat. I've always hated that. The one year that just seems awful. I mean, anythings better than a Rat. I guess it also sucks that I'm a Cancer to boot. Stupid Cancerous Rats
JennPav said…
Is it wrong that I memorized this off a chinese menu when I was like 8? I guess its true that Monkey's have good memories.

And according to my mom, I did go to clown college... though I still atest to the fact that Ringling was an ART SCHOOL.

You know, that's probably not much better.

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love