Paul Giamatti ruining a good thing

Thanks to Married K, I learned that Paul Giamatti will play John Adams in a seven-episode miniseries about the American Revolution that Playtone is producing for HBO Fi lms, reports Variety. Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are executive producing the project based on the David McCullough bestseller John Adams. HBO will begin airing the seven hour long segments in March 2008.

I had the pleasure of hearing David McCullough speak when he came to my undergrad (OU) a while back. He was such a wonderful presence and I still remember that when asked what books he read that inspired him as a writer, he didn't respond pretentiously or loftily, but rather said that the books that inspired him included Seabiscuit and Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin by His Good Mouse Amos. I will never forget that.

I loved this gentle, sweet looking man and I love that he weaves historical events into great books. I love that I have a signed copy of John Adams. But I HATE HATE HATE Paul Giamatti and am so bumming that he is in the movie! Argh. But, I am looking forward to the adaptation of the book. At least Laura Linney is also in it--she might be able to save it.

Comments

JennPav said…
Ben and ME?! LOVE IT!

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love