from talking about rabbits to telling it like it is

According to the Book Quiz I am Watership Down.

"Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits."

...and then I retook it and became A People's History of the United States.

"After years of listening to other peoples' lies, you decided you've had enough. Now you're out to tell it like it is, with all the gory details and nothing left out. Instead of respecting leaders, you want to know what the common people have to offer. But this revolution still has a long way to go, and you're not against making a little profit while you wait. Honesty is your best policy."

I would write more but I am meeting some friends for coffee...and to discuss rabbits and U.S. foreign policy.

Comments

starpilgrim said…
I took that once upon a time... I think I was Lord of the Rings the first time and The Things They Carried the second time... both of which are on my list of best books ever.
I have never read either of my books, but suppose I have to now.
TSOldtimer said…
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

Go figure.
Kt said…
Dune by Frank Herbert. Apparently I have "a cult-like following of minions waiting for my life to progress." Whatever that means.

Watership Down is one of my favorite books!! I'm mighty fond of Mrs. Dalloway too, though it makes me wary of pointy fences.
Kt,
Since you like both of those books, it only makes sense that we are all friends. :)

I am one of your minions, in the cult. When do we get a glass of koolaid?
Kt said…
If we're going to run with that analogy, then I hope my life isn't ultimately going to make dozens of people drop dead all around me. I guess I need to go read Dune to figure out who these minions are and how to get them to go do things for me, like fetch 24-hour cupcakes.

Heh...I like that the Amazon quote for your book ("A People's History") says, "Men and women, naked, tawny, and full of wonder, emerged from their villages onto the island's beaches..."

So naughty!

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love