Prince Caspian

Now that Harry Potter has come and gone-and I have to wait another year+ to see the 6th book turned into a movie-I was excited to hear that Prince Caspian, of the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, is infact filming and will be released May '08. (And The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is soon to follow!)

Though I was not as happy with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie adaption as I thought I would be, what I have seen so far of Prince Caspian looks promising. I think it will, like Harry Potter, get better as the children age, and as the stories evolve and dig deeper into the history of Narnia.

I love C.S. Lewis' writing, both his childrens' books and his adult musings on faith and spirituality. I saw much of C.S. Lewis in the Harry Potter stories; ideas of love, honor, and redemption abound in both series. I love kids books. I'm a dork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love