Post-septupology

So, while some of us are sad about the Harry Potter septupology being over, here are some things to make us smile!

  • J.K. Rowling announced on the Today show, this morning that she is going to publish a encyclopedia (something like a reader) to accompany the Harry Potter books, that would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut. "I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books" ~Rowling)
  • J.K. Rowling also announced that she is currently working on two books. "I think that there will be some disappointment if I don't write another fantasy. But I must admit, I think I've done my fantasy. To go and create another fantasy universe would feel wrong, and I don't know if I'm capable of it...I'm sort of writing two things at the moment. One is for children and the other is not for children. The weird thing is that this is exactly the way I started writing Harry. I was writing two things simultaneously for a year before Harry took over. So one will oust the other in due course, and I'll know that's my next thing."

  • This video of Snape dancing to "I'm too sexy." It is things like this that reaffirm my beliefs that 1. technology can serve a purpose 2. people have too much time on their hands.

  • This is a great article on one woman's reflections of the Harry Potter phenomenon, Writers and Readers: The Trouble with Harry. For those of you who haven't read or finished 7, there are NO spoilers in this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love