Literary summer

I am so excited for the four and a half weeks that I will have off as soon as I finish the Spring/Summer semester finals in a week and a half! Besides going to California for a week, I have simple plans for what I will be doing when I am not working.

I have decided that I will do some writing, and journal work-putting together pieces of my old journals into something, (which go back to 1992) and loads of reading. I have been mentally making a list of some books that I want to read on my break. Without further ado:
  • (Finish) Middlesex, Jeffrey Eunides
  • Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
  • East of Eden, John Steinbeck
  • Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
  • Little Men, Louisa May Alcott
  • Nicolas Nickleby, Charles Dickens
  • Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith, Anne Lamott

I think this will be a summer of classics! I will keep you posted on my progress, and will share any delightful quotes or thoughts on these literary classics!

Comments

Jenny said…
Maybe this makes me a bad person, but remember how we had to read two books prior to starting AP Lit in the summer before senior year? Well, I read Tale of Two Cities and Pride and Prejudice and I HATED the latter. I liked Tale of Two Cities a lot... but I have not been able to stomach anything of Jane Austen's since. I won't even watch the movie! My husband is a big fan of Nicolas Nickelby. Of Charles Dickens... actually. When we first started dating he was rereading a collection of Dicken's tales for like the 15th time! I really enjoyed Main Street by Sinclair Lewis... not that I am trying to dissaude you from Ms. Austen... :)

Popular posts from this blog

that elusive thing

Library Love